Skip to main content

The Reason For The Season, CHRISTmas

Some of you may be thinking that this post will be me, Chelsea, proclaiming that the reason for the season is Jesus Christ, false. That is only a small portion of what I will be discussing, although it is true there is so much more to that statement than sharing a photo on Facebook. 

Who gets irritated when you see one of your "friends" share a photo that is emphasizing Jesus Christ but you know that this person is so far from Christianity it isn't even funny? I know I think that way far too much, and that is so incredibly wrong of me. That is judgement and especially around this time of year we judge others too much. I have added this to my list of imperfections which I need to work on everyday until I reach heaven and I encourage all of you to make a list right now of imperfections that you need to work on. So, moving on from that tangent, "The Reason for the Season" usually means that instead of getting worked up and stressed out over Christmas gifts and parties you should focus on the whole reason we celebrate it, Jesus Christ. Now, does everyone know what the manger scene is? That may seem like a silly question but who here can remember the last time they walked passed this infamous scene and really stopped to take in the symbolism of it? I was asked this question by one of my husband's classmates during a chapel service and while he said it he pointed towards the windows and I couldn't figure out why, until I was walking towards the Cafe on campus and noticed the whole manger scene with scripture of the life of Christ; His birth, His trial, His Death and His resurrection. I was personally upset with myself because I was someone who overlooked this important scene because I had seen it so many times, it's "boring" and "old", I cannot believe how wrong I was. We have a Savior people! Someone who was born on this earth, lived a life without sin, who would literally perform miracles for us left and right, and most importantly someone who died so that we, sinners, can go to heaven, and I can't take time out of my day to appreciate this important scene. 
The Baptist Church of Northville presenting Jesus' Birth

This season is more than sharing a picture on Facebook and it's more than presents it is about Christ. Will I be emphasizing Christ this CHRISTmas, I sure will, but will you? I don't mean by sharing this post (That would be nice though) but I mean taking these words and the scripture in the bible and putting it into action in your life. When the unsaved recognize that, that's how by God's grace they will be led to accepting Christ into their hearts. And the next time you see a manger somewhere in your future, stop and embrace the symbolism and also take time this season and read the Christmas Story, Luke 2:1-20. Finally, the perfect time to accept Jesus into your hearts is when you are mentally ready. I can and will help you along the way so seek out help or answers to those questions that you have but your scared to ask. Above all God is ready, He loves you and wants you to spend eternity with him so take some time in prayer and talk to our Father. I hope everyone has a fantastic Christ centered Christmas! 
"Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, so that the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." Philippians 2: 9-11

 

Comments

Most Popular Posts

Not Just Another Post-Abortion Story

On February 13th, 2016 my husband and I welcomed to our family a little boy whose name is Elisha Kenneth. It was in that moment when everything changed for me. I was now and forever a Mom - capital "M". One day I was driving to Church, same route I always take and I look in my rear view mirror at my son who knows of no malice he is simply sleeping away in his car seat with the sweetest and calmest face of content. In that moment it dawns on me. I love him so much. I remember the feeling I had when I found out he was a real thing. The feeling I had the moment I told his Father about him. The feeling I had when I saw him for the first time. The first time I heard his heartbeat. The time we found out he was a he. The moment when we walked through the hospital doors knowing that when we walked out we would have a baby boy. I had a rush of one feeling all in that moment while driving -- LOVE . And what followed afterward, nothing but sadness. Sadness and

Bullying: Make It Zero Tolerance

A good friend of mine posted on Facebook today about bullying. Bullying is a huge controversial issue in High Schools these days. I say controversial carefully because some schools do a pretty good job preventing it but others stress to the public that they have a "Zero Tolerance Policy" but when bullying is brought to their attention they say they can't do anything or they'll write the student up but the student will get nothing as far as punishment. Maybe punishment is a bit drastic but the least they can do is talk to the person who is the bully. Bullying has been around since the dark ages but it was called something completely different (not quite sure exactly what they called it) and it has moved forward in history. Everyone at one point in their life will or have been bullied in some shape or form. In some cases bullying can lead to dropping out of school or even suicide. Here are three ways I believe if we work together and apply them to our lives we can stop

Are You Furthering God's Kingdom or Furthering Your Rep?

Who loves getting recognized for things they do? I really enjoy it but I witness others thriving off of it, is that wrong? I don't necessarily think it's wrong to enjoy recognition but what is wrong is when you are only doing things so that you can get a compliment. The bible is constantly urging us as believers to "do for others" but where do you draw the line, when are you going too far? This is where I believe we are our own worst enemy. We want to be good Christians and help out where help is needed but when we obtain multiple compliments then those compliments go to our head and then we find ourselves doing things only for recognition and not to further God's kingdom.  As I stated above, I love being complimented and it surely does help when I'm doing something that I don't enjoy doing, you know it keeps us motivated. I started this "business" if you would call it that but it's basically a cleaning business something to make ends meet