Skip to main content

"For I Know the Plans I Have For You Declares The Lord", But You Need To Figure Them Out

Hello Guys! I hope everyone is having an amazing/safe Friday night! Tonight I was doing the dishes and listening to music and Chase Coy's "Coming Clean" song came on. The song is written as a love song but I took it in a different sense and meshed it with something that has been on my mind lately. I want you all to understand that even though in my posts I am giving answers, I am in no way trying to show that I am perfect. I want to come clean with you all about myself. I'm not perfect, God is perfect. All my posts that contain answers, are all areas that I've struggled through and God has shown me the answers.

How awesome is it that we have a God who has already written out our entire lives? He knew that my husband and I would wed this year rather than next. He knows what will happen to me tomorrow and the day after that. Isn't that awesome? Some of you may be agreeing with me because it really is awesome but it is also extremely annoying, am I right? When we hit a crossroad in our lives and we don't want to steer away from his plan for us, don't you just wish he would give you a hint or tell you what to do? In the end which ever way you choose will ultimately lead you to where He wants you to be; look at it as you're standing in front of two doors (two options), you choose one but you can't get any further and have to turn back.  Now, Chase Coy sings in his song Coming Clean, "I'm just trying to live up to all that you want me to be". Isn't this what we say when we hit that crossroad or come up to the two or more doors metaphorically in our lives? We continue in our lives following paths, opening doors and turning back relentlessly just trying to live up to what God wants of us. I find myself throwing my hands in the air at times when I am clueless as to what my next step should be, and fighting God while trying to figure it out. This isn't a post with a simple solution and boom the problem is solved and it will never happen again, this post is to reach out and tell you that I struggle so much with this and the only thing that gets me through it is clinging to scripture. Dive deep into God's word or get down and pray because that is where you'll find the answer to what your next move should be in God's ultimate plan for your life. I hope you all enjoyed this message and feel free to comment or e-mail me at my new email: chelsea.carman@yahoo.com. 
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." - Jeremiah 29:11 ESV

Comments

Most Popular Posts

Not Just Another Post-Abortion Story

On February 13th, 2016 my husband and I welcomed to our family a little boy whose name is Elisha Kenneth. It was in that moment when everything changed for me. I was now and forever a Mom - capital "M". One day I was driving to Church, same route I always take and I look in my rear view mirror at my son who knows of no malice he is simply sleeping away in his car seat with the sweetest and calmest face of content. In that moment it dawns on me. I love him so much. I remember the feeling I had when I found out he was a real thing. The feeling I had the moment I told his Father about him. The feeling I had when I saw him for the first time. The first time I heard his heartbeat. The time we found out he was a he. The moment when we walked through the hospital doors knowing that when we walked out we would have a baby boy. I had a rush of one feeling all in that moment while driving -- LOVE . And what followed afterward, nothing but sadness. Sadness and

Bullying: Make It Zero Tolerance

A good friend of mine posted on Facebook today about bullying. Bullying is a huge controversial issue in High Schools these days. I say controversial carefully because some schools do a pretty good job preventing it but others stress to the public that they have a "Zero Tolerance Policy" but when bullying is brought to their attention they say they can't do anything or they'll write the student up but the student will get nothing as far as punishment. Maybe punishment is a bit drastic but the least they can do is talk to the person who is the bully. Bullying has been around since the dark ages but it was called something completely different (not quite sure exactly what they called it) and it has moved forward in history. Everyone at one point in their life will or have been bullied in some shape or form. In some cases bullying can lead to dropping out of school or even suicide. Here are three ways I believe if we work together and apply them to our lives we can stop

Are You Furthering God's Kingdom or Furthering Your Rep?

Who loves getting recognized for things they do? I really enjoy it but I witness others thriving off of it, is that wrong? I don't necessarily think it's wrong to enjoy recognition but what is wrong is when you are only doing things so that you can get a compliment. The bible is constantly urging us as believers to "do for others" but where do you draw the line, when are you going too far? This is where I believe we are our own worst enemy. We want to be good Christians and help out where help is needed but when we obtain multiple compliments then those compliments go to our head and then we find ourselves doing things only for recognition and not to further God's kingdom.  As I stated above, I love being complimented and it surely does help when I'm doing something that I don't enjoy doing, you know it keeps us motivated. I started this "business" if you would call it that but it's basically a cleaning business something to make ends meet