Skip to main content

Broken-hearts Healed

Everyone on this earth have had their hearts broken at one point or another. Maybe you're a girl in high school who didn't make the cut when it came down to him choosing you or some other girl. Maybe your best friend went behind your back or used you to further your his own career. Every single person has had their heart broken and trust has been lost. The norm is to turn towards something when you've been defeated; maybe you turn to music, art, or even something as drastic as alcohol. It is something that takes up all your time so that you can find comfort that your heart needs. Maybe it will work for a short period of time but it's just like placing a band-aid over your heart. I was there, my cousin (Justin, who raped me) severed my trust in humanity, boys broke my heart, I found comfort in meaningless sex then eventually evil crept inside me when I got an abortion. But I am living, breathing proof that even though the world has pushed you around and teared you apart, you can find solace, restoration, trust and love in God. Like I said, I felt security the day I was saved, and I felt that same security when I married the man God made me for.Today, I sat in chapel and looked over at my husband. It was a spur of the moment wedding. When I announced that we were getting married I said in my status on Facebook, 

"The summer of 2013 will never be forgotten, it was this summer that the love of my life got down on one knee and asked me to marry him and it will be August 10th of this year when I walk down the aisle towards a man who knows all my faults and failures but loves me anyway". 
On that day when I woke up I was relaxed, but as the clock continued to tick towards 11 o'clock the nervousness crept in. However, my final statement in my status held true because once I saw him waiting for me at the end of the aisle I was no longer nervous, I felt security in my husband . When I was saved I gave God my heart, he fixed it so that my future husband wouldn't be given a damaged one. Give your broken hearts to God, he will mend them and keep them for safe keeping while you dive into his word until you're ready to give your heart away again; he'll protect it for you. Psalm 147:3 says, "He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds". 

Comments

Most Popular Posts

Not Just Another Post-Abortion Story

On February 13th, 2016 my husband and I welcomed to our family a little boy whose name is Elisha Kenneth. It was in that moment when everything changed for me. I was now and forever a Mom - capital "M". One day I was driving to Church, same route I always take and I look in my rear view mirror at my son who knows of no malice he is simply sleeping away in his car seat with the sweetest and calmest face of content. In that moment it dawns on me. I love him so much. I remember the feeling I had when I found out he was a real thing. The feeling I had the moment I told his Father about him. The feeling I had when I saw him for the first time. The first time I heard his heartbeat. The time we found out he was a he. The moment when we walked through the hospital doors knowing that when we walked out we would have a baby boy. I had a rush of one feeling all in that moment while driving -- LOVE . And what followed afterward, nothing but sadness. Sadness and

Bullying: Make It Zero Tolerance

A good friend of mine posted on Facebook today about bullying. Bullying is a huge controversial issue in High Schools these days. I say controversial carefully because some schools do a pretty good job preventing it but others stress to the public that they have a "Zero Tolerance Policy" but when bullying is brought to their attention they say they can't do anything or they'll write the student up but the student will get nothing as far as punishment. Maybe punishment is a bit drastic but the least they can do is talk to the person who is the bully. Bullying has been around since the dark ages but it was called something completely different (not quite sure exactly what they called it) and it has moved forward in history. Everyone at one point in their life will or have been bullied in some shape or form. In some cases bullying can lead to dropping out of school or even suicide. Here are three ways I believe if we work together and apply them to our lives we can stop

Are You Furthering God's Kingdom or Furthering Your Rep?

Who loves getting recognized for things they do? I really enjoy it but I witness others thriving off of it, is that wrong? I don't necessarily think it's wrong to enjoy recognition but what is wrong is when you are only doing things so that you can get a compliment. The bible is constantly urging us as believers to "do for others" but where do you draw the line, when are you going too far? This is where I believe we are our own worst enemy. We want to be good Christians and help out where help is needed but when we obtain multiple compliments then those compliments go to our head and then we find ourselves doing things only for recognition and not to further God's kingdom.  As I stated above, I love being complimented and it surely does help when I'm doing something that I don't enjoy doing, you know it keeps us motivated. I started this "business" if you would call it that but it's basically a cleaning business something to make ends meet