Skip to main content

A new year, a new me! (:

A snap shot of a sunset at Potsdam.
Hey Everyone! I completely forgot that I started a blog last year and now finally remembered! So what's up with me? Well, I just started another year at college but this year is a little different, I am at SUNY Potsdam. Potsdam is about an hour away from the Canadian border so I am currently in the Tundra of New York. But this is good, SUNY Potsdam is known for it's teaching program and since I want to be a teacher it would only make sense to come here. I'm having a little trouble adjusting, mostly because I miss my cats. I don't know if I told you all this but I have two cats, Ashlee and Cookie-Gandhi. Ashlee isn't normal and frankly I am a little worried leaving her with my family because they can be so mean to her. Cookie however should be okay on his own, and if you all are wondering about his name it was originally Cookie, but all of the other cats at my house would pick fights with him and he wouldn't stoop to their level because he was so passive I added Gandhi to his name. 
I am going to start blogging the book I have been writing for a year now. I started before my high school graduation, then started over again this spring because I didn't like the way it was going. Now it seems to be going well and I would like to receive some feedback. I am nervous but excited to see how everyone likes it. My favorite writer is Nicholas Sparks and no I didn't like him just because of The Notebook, actually I haven't read The Notebook yet, the first book I read of his was The Last Song. I read the story line and bought it. Since then, I have loved his style of writing so my story might be like his, although I am going to use some of my own technique. I'll give you a run down on what the story is about: 
Reagan Daniels grew up with her Mother in California. She is your typical teenager but surfing and gymnastics is her life, after becoming the National Gymnastics Champion her Mother suddenly past away. To make matters worse she has to leave her life in Sherman Oaks and move to Sumter, South Carolina with her Dad whom she hasn't seen since he left her when she was a little girl. She is a 17 year old girl, living and breathing in a whole new world. Dealing with the loss of her Mother, takes a toll on her until she meets Logan, a school jock who really isn't any more different than Reagan. 

Comments

Most Popular Posts

Not Just Another Post-Abortion Story

On February 13th, 2016 my husband and I welcomed to our family a little boy whose name is Elisha Kenneth. It was in that moment when everything changed for me. I was now and forever a Mom - capital "M". One day I was driving to Church, same route I always take and I look in my rear view mirror at my son who knows of no malice he is simply sleeping away in his car seat with the sweetest and calmest face of content. In that moment it dawns on me. I love him so much. I remember the feeling I had when I found out he was a real thing. The feeling I had the moment I told his Father about him. The feeling I had when I saw him for the first time. The first time I heard his heartbeat. The time we found out he was a he. The moment when we walked through the hospital doors knowing that when we walked out we would have a baby boy. I had a rush of one feeling all in that moment while driving -- LOVE . And what followed afterward, nothing but sadness. Sadness and

Bullying: Make It Zero Tolerance

A good friend of mine posted on Facebook today about bullying. Bullying is a huge controversial issue in High Schools these days. I say controversial carefully because some schools do a pretty good job preventing it but others stress to the public that they have a "Zero Tolerance Policy" but when bullying is brought to their attention they say they can't do anything or they'll write the student up but the student will get nothing as far as punishment. Maybe punishment is a bit drastic but the least they can do is talk to the person who is the bully. Bullying has been around since the dark ages but it was called something completely different (not quite sure exactly what they called it) and it has moved forward in history. Everyone at one point in their life will or have been bullied in some shape or form. In some cases bullying can lead to dropping out of school or even suicide. Here are three ways I believe if we work together and apply them to our lives we can stop

Are You Furthering God's Kingdom or Furthering Your Rep?

Who loves getting recognized for things they do? I really enjoy it but I witness others thriving off of it, is that wrong? I don't necessarily think it's wrong to enjoy recognition but what is wrong is when you are only doing things so that you can get a compliment. The bible is constantly urging us as believers to "do for others" but where do you draw the line, when are you going too far? This is where I believe we are our own worst enemy. We want to be good Christians and help out where help is needed but when we obtain multiple compliments then those compliments go to our head and then we find ourselves doing things only for recognition and not to further God's kingdom.  As I stated above, I love being complimented and it surely does help when I'm doing something that I don't enjoy doing, you know it keeps us motivated. I started this "business" if you would call it that but it's basically a cleaning business something to make ends meet